Findings of Fact, Site Location, and Information on
Riviera Gap Filler, based on information provided by US Army Corps of Engineers Formerly Used Defense
Site (FUDS) document K0TX0997 of 1995
Approximately 4 miles northeast of Riviera, Kleberg County, TX.
Site History and Findings of Fact
Congress authorized the gap filler on July 27 1954, and the government acquired 0.41 acres fro a private landowner on April 1956.
The Air Force developed and operated the unmanned radar site until 1963, when it was declared excess and sold to another private owner in 1965.
Current Usage at Time of Report
The site was owned by a Mr. Warren Nevilles, a private owner.