Findings of Fact, Site Location, and Information on
Middle River GFA Z-132B, based on information provided by US Army Corps of Engineers Formerly Used Defense
Site (FUDS) document E05MN0044 of 1993
7 miles east of Minnesota State Highway 32 on Marshall County Road 126, NW ¼ NW ¼ Section1, T158N, R42W, in Como Township
Site History and Findings of Fact
The former 0.45-acre Middle River Gap Filler Annex was constructed by the US Air Force in 1956 and operated by Baudette Air Force Station personnel until April 1969 when it was declared excess to GSA and conveyed to Falls Concrete and Supply Inc, of Thief River falls, MN, in March 1971. The company removed and sold the underground storage tank, the three generators and diesel engines, and removed wiring and other miscellaneous items from inside the building.
The site has since been conveyed to a private owner who, at the time of this 1993 report, used the site and security fenced area to store agricultural implements. He has added three garage doors to the south face of the building.
The report also states that the 85-foot tri-legged tower remains, as the Minnesota Dept. of Natural resources has used the tower in the past to spot and track wild fires.
Site vicinity and building location maps and several poor-to-fair quality Xeroxed copies of B & W photos were included in the report. The photos depict the building and tower (without radome), and views of the latrine and equipment located on the site.