Findings of Fact, Site Location, and Information on
Delmita Gap Filler , based on information provided by US Army Corps of Engineers Formerly Used Defense
Site (FUDS) document K0TX0261 of 1990
Approximately 4 miles west of Delmita, Starr County, TX
Site History and Findings of Fact
On May 22 1957, the government acquired 0.46 acres and developed the unmanned gap filler site, which the Air Force operated until 1965. The lease and permit for the land were terminated in December of that year, and the building, fence, and underground storage tank were abandoned.
Current Usage at Time of Report
The site was owned by Mrs. Edna Gunstream, a private owner, who used the building to store home furnishings.
A Site Vicinity map is included in the report.